During our 30 years of experience, we have always distinguished ourselves by having the care of our guests and collaborators as a number one priority. We are glad to share some of the main actions we have implemented to fulfill the international sanitary protocols for the hospitality industry like the Global Biorisk Advisory Council.
- Upon arrival, all guests pass through an Auto Sanitizing Gate located at the main entrance.
- Guest room allocation at 30% per floor allows a healthy distance between rooms.
- A specially conditioned area was designated to comply with the recommendations for social distancing. We receive all the guests and take their body temperatures with infrared thermometers to avoid contact.
- Thermographic cameras were placed in the main lobby to measure the corporal temperature of all clients visiting restaurants and different areas of the hotel.
- Our staff wears face masks, disposable gloves, and face shields.
- We thoroughly sanitize our hotel transportation before each guest transfer. All vehicles are equipped with sanitizing products for your use.
- Doorman and managers greet guests while maintaining a safe distance, with no physical contact.
- Hand sanitizers/disinfectant gel and disposable masks are available at the lobby entrance.
- All guests undergo temperature checks before entering the hotel. The hotel manager will meet with guests running a temperature of more than 99.5°F to provide medical assistance and advise further action.
- Our bellboys sanitize handbag trays after every baggage scan.
- Hotel umbrellas are disinfected after each use.
- Car keys are sanitized when delivered to the doorman and returned to guests.
- All guides / local agents undergo temperature checks upon their arrival.
- Any visitors with a temperature of more than 99.5°F will not be permitted to enter the hotel. Face masks are mandatory and available for anyone who does not have one.
- All baggage is sanitized on arrival with correctly formulated disinfectant.
- Each guest will find a hand sanitizer for their personal use in their rooms.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK OUT EXPERIENCE
- Guests arriving from restricted countries or regions must share detailed information before registering, as prescribed by the protocols of the Ministry of Tourism.
- All information required for registration is requested in advance to reduce the time spent upon arrival.
- Digitized exit procedures with electronic invoices and online payments are available upon request.
- Guests are requested to advise check-out plans at least 60 minutes in advance to prepare the bills in time for the check-out.
- All our protocols are based on the recommendations made by the WHO (World Health Organization) as well as Mexican Authorities.
- Our cleaning staff continually cleans and sanitization of all touchpoints in the lobby and other public areas such as countertops, telephones, door handles, elevator buttons, railings, and lobby & guest corridor furniture.
- Rugs are vacuumed, and floors are mopped with disinfectant solution.
- Ashtrays in smoking areas are cleaned and sanitized every thirty minutes.
- Signage will be present in the lobby for maintaining safe distances.
- Hand sanitizers are available at all counters (cloakrooms, restaurants, guest corridors, and guest rooms).
- On departure, unused room linen and bath linen are also sent to the laundry.
- Deep room cleaning done with extra focus on surfaces such as door handles, knobs, remote controls, writing tabletops, switches, telephones, WC flush handles, health faucets, vanity counters, and floors.
- Pillows, cushions, sheets, sheet protectors, shower curtains, duvets, and all linen are sent to the laundry for cleaning each guest departure.
- Heavy curtains, sheer curtains, blinds, rugs, upholstered furniture, and headboard cladded with fabric are deep cleaned every departure.
- In occupied rooms, all used glassware is washed in a dishwasher for high-temperature cleaning at above 80°C.
- Handrails, stairs, and staircase landing in fire exit areas are cleaned daily.
- The rooms are subject to strict sanitization processes before the guest's arrival and after each guest's departure, using cutting-edge technology and certified sanitizing products.
- Additionally, we have acquired special UV equipment used for the elimination of any bacteria and viruses. These devices are used to sanitize all high-risk surfaces such as telephones, controls, handles, buttons, etc. We are applying in this way a double disinfection process.
RESTAURANTS & BAR
- We have reconfigured our restaurants' seating to ensure safe distances.
- Hostess desk, phone, and charger are disinfected every 30 minutes or every use.
- Entrance doors are open during meal periods. If the door needs to be kept shut, assistance is offered so guests do not touch handles.
- All tables and chairs are sanitized before every meal period and guest use.
- All electronic menu tablets and credit card machines are sanitized before and every use.
- Our personal sanitize their hands before holding tablets and card machines or exchanging any currency. Sanitizer gel is presented to the guest along with all bill folders.
- Bartenders wear and frequently change disposable gloves when working at bar counters.
- Alcohol display trolleys with bottles and humidors are cleaned and sanitized before each meal period.
- Equipment such as coffee machines, ice crusher machines, ice machine doors, induction surfaces, cutlery trolleys, tea selection boxes, etc., is sanitized after every use or frequently.
- The hotel renews its certification every year: "Distintivo H," a special certificate for restaurants following the highest sanitation standards according to the Mexican Norm: NMX-F605-NORMEX-2018.
- Certification of suppliers and strict sanitization and quality guidelines must be fulfilled during the reception of supplies and merchandise.
- New service standards to minimize personal contact. For example, all our restaurant menus are displayed using a QR code on your mobile.
- Strict guidelines for the reception of staff and the equipment used during their shifts. Hygienic handling of foods with hospital-grade disinfection processes for kitchens and utensils.
- In-room dining trolleys and warmers are cleaned and disinfected after every use.
- Service staff wear disposable gloves, face masks, face shields and carry hand sanitizers, maintaining a safe distance.
- All dishes are covered with a cloche.
- Canned beverages are opened by the server only seeking guests' permission.
- Kitchen staff enters the kitchen in fresh uniforms, hairnets, chef caps, and aprons. On each occasion, they wash their hands before entering the kitchen.
- Our staff wears face masks. Gloves are used in all kitchen areas other than at the hot cooking range. Gloves are changed, and hands washed every task.
- All the staff movement is clockwise to reduce cross-traffic and maintain a safe distance.
- All spoons and knives are washed and sanitized every use.
- All surfaces and tabletops are cleaned with a sanitizing solution after every use.
- All fruits and vegetables are washed in 50 PPft chlorine before entering the hotel and the kitchen.
- Grocery packets are sprayed with 100 PPft chlorine or quarantined away from the main building. Meat, poultry, and seafood are washed and sanitized thoroughly.
- We place hand sanitizers, disinfectant wipes, and disposable masks in the fitness center for guests' use.
- All equipment is sanitized for every guest's use.
- TV, music system remotes, and headphones are sanitized for each guest's use.
- All touchpoints, including doorknobs, switch plates, thermostats, etc., are sanitized for each guest's use.
SWIMMING POOL & SPA
- Chlorine dosage is monitored every 30 minutes and maintained at 0.8 – 1 PPft.
- Handrails are disinfected for each guest's use.
- Lounge towels are changed, and pool loungers are sanitized for each guest's use.
- Pool furniture is arranged to ensure that a safe distance is maintained between each.
- The towel basket is sanitized before placing fresh towels with no more than two fresh towels per basket.
- All equipment is sanitized for every guest's use.
- Each desk, chair, work area, and all equipment is sanitized each use.
- Laundry staff wears face masks and disposable gloves.
- All laundry hangers, bags, wicker baskets, and basket liners are sanitized before and during laundry delivery.
- Separate canvas bags transport soiled and fresh linen from guest rooms to housekeeping and laundry to avoid cross-contamination.
PROTECTION EQUIPMENT FOR COLLABORATORS & GUESTS
- All hotel staff is equipped with face masks, mouth masks, medical gloves, and overall suits, depending on their role in the hotel.
- All guests receive a Sanitizing Kit containing one hand sanitizer gel and one mouth mask.
- All receiving staff wears face masks and disposable gloves.
- All materials, boxes, crates, sealed packets, and trolleys are sprayed with disinfectant.
- Vendors follow recognized food safety standards as accredited by reputed certification bodies to ensure safe manufacturing, handling, and delivery practices.
- Provider vehicles are allowed inside the hotel premises with thorough sanitization. Body temperature is checked for the driver, delivery person, or loader at the hotel entrance to ensure their temperature is below 99.5°F, or else they aren't permitted inside.
- Before they enter the hotel receiving gate, all providers take a self-declaration, confirming that they do not have any flu-like symptoms such as cough, cold, or a sore throat.
WATER & AIR QUALITY
- Exceptional standards and protocols have been placed for the water disinfection in all areas, including pools, Jacuzzis, and running water. We are continuously monitoring and certifying the physicochemical quality of the water.
- All air ducts have been cleaned, fumigated, and sanitized and will be sanitized regularly.
SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES
- Clear safety signs.
- The capacity of our restaurants and meeting rooms is limited to the maximum capacity established by the authorities. Make sure to always leave a 1.5 meters distance between tables.
- During check-in, the space between each person is duly marked to maintain a safe distance. The access to the elevators will be limited to a specific number of guests to guarantee a safe distancing.
NEW FLEXIBLE POLICIES FOR ACCOMMODATION BOOKINGS
- At Marquis Reforma, we are aware that the circumstances of a trip can change unexpectedly. That is why we decided to implement a new flexible policy for accommodation to make changes and cancellations without any cost.
- We also encourage you to always leave your preferred contact method such as a phone number or email so we can be in touch before your arrival and during your stay.
Discover our packages and promotions to plan your stay and make the most of your visit to Mexico City.